100 kW Solar System Powers Poultry Farm
Radiance Solar completed a 100 kW solar photovoltaic system at Providence Hill Farm in Jasper, Ga. The solar installation will supply nearly 100 percent of the poultry operation’s electricity needs.
The roof-mounted system is installed on two of eight poultry houses, and will generate more than 130,000 kWh annually. The 333 solar modules are made by Suniva, an Atlanta-based company. Amicalola EMC interconnected the system on February 18th.
Agricultural operations are eligible for USDA grants that support investments in renewable energy (Rural Energy of America Program, or REAP). Providence Hill Farm received a 25 percent USDA grant for the project, as well as a 30 percent Federal Tax Credit.
Faculty members from the Poultry Science Departments at Auburn University and The University of Georgia visited the farm to monitor the system for the purpose of educating poultry famers throughout the southeast on the benefits of integrating solar power into poultry farm operations.
In 2013, Radiance Solar completed a commercial solar photovoltaic installation at Shaw Industries’ carpet tile manufacturing plant in Cartersville, Ga. The 1 MW system will produce 1.4 million kWh annually.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement