106 Organizations Use Climate Corps Fellows This Summer
The Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) has kicked off its sixth and largest season of EDF Climate Corps, placing 116 Climate Corps fellows in 106 organizations, including new participants such as Apple, Colgate-Palmolive, General Motors, and the cities of Austin and Philadelphia.
These organizations will join returning hosts including AT&T, Facebook, PepsiCo, New York City Housing Authority and Chicago Public Schools.
Climate Corps is a fellowship program that places specially trained graduate students in companies, cities and universities to help them save energy, money and the environment.
Since its launch in 2008, EDF Climate Corps has uncovered more than $1.2 billion in total energy savings for participating organizations, finding an average of $1 million in savings at each one, according to EDF.
EDF Climate Corps recruits students from the nation’s top graduate programs to accelerate adoption of smart energy management practices in participating organizations. The findings of these EDF Climate Corps fellows are often scalable solutions that take organizations’ energy management efforts to the next level.
Ingersoll Rand has hosted six Climate Corps fellows over the past four summers and will participate again in 2013. According to Scott Tew, Ingersoll Rand’s executive director at the center for energy efficiency and sustainability, in the last three summers, the fellows have identified:
- Annual savings of more than $1.75 million
- More than 12 million kWh of avoided energy use
- More than 10 million metric tons of avoided carbon emissions
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software