106 Organizations Use Climate Corps Fellows This Summer
The Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) has kicked off its sixth and largest season of EDF Climate Corps, placing 116 Climate Corps fellows in 106 organizations, including new participants such as Apple, Colgate-Palmolive, General Motors, and the cities of Austin and Philadelphia.
These organizations will join returning hosts including AT&T, Facebook, PepsiCo, New York City Housing Authority and Chicago Public Schools.
Climate Corps is a fellowship program that places specially trained graduate students in companies, cities and universities to help them save energy, money and the environment.
Since its launch in 2008, EDF Climate Corps has uncovered more than $1.2 billion in total energy savings for participating organizations, finding an average of $1 million in savings at each one, according to EDF.
EDF Climate Corps recruits students from the nation’s top graduate programs to accelerate adoption of smart energy management practices in participating organizations. The findings of these EDF Climate Corps fellows are often scalable solutions that take organizations’ energy management efforts to the next level.
Ingersoll Rand has hosted six Climate Corps fellows over the past four summers and will participate again in 2013. According to Scott Tew, Ingersoll Rand’s executive director at the center for energy efficiency and sustainability, in the last three summers, the fellows have identified:
- Annual savings of more than $1.75 million
- More than 12 million kWh of avoided energy use
- More than 10 million metric tons of avoided carbon emissions
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing