106 Organizations Use Climate Corps Fellows This Summer
The Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) has kicked off its sixth and largest season of EDF Climate Corps, placing 116 Climate Corps fellows in 106 organizations, including new participants such as Apple, Colgate-Palmolive, General Motors, and the cities of Austin and Philadelphia.
These organizations will join returning hosts including AT&T, Facebook, PepsiCo, New York City Housing Authority and Chicago Public Schools.
Climate Corps is a fellowship program that places specially trained graduate students in companies, cities and universities to help them save energy, money and the environment.
Since its launch in 2008, EDF Climate Corps has uncovered more than $1.2 billion in total energy savings for participating organizations, finding an average of $1 million in savings at each one, according to EDF.
EDF Climate Corps recruits students from the nation’s top graduate programs to accelerate adoption of smart energy management practices in participating organizations. The findings of these EDF Climate Corps fellows are often scalable solutions that take organizations’ energy management efforts to the next level.
Ingersoll Rand has hosted six Climate Corps fellows over the past four summers and will participate again in 2013. According to Scott Tew, Ingersoll Rand’s executive director at the center for energy efficiency and sustainability, in the last three summers, the fellows have identified:
- Annual savings of more than $1.75 million
- More than 12 million kWh of avoided energy use
- More than 10 million metric tons of avoided carbon emissions
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement