N-Dimension Helps Ontario Secure Smart Grid Apps
N-Dimension Solutions has completed a cyber security test of smart grid applications sponsored by the Ontario Ministry of Energy and partly funded through the Ontario Smart Grid Fund initiative.
The mandate of the project was to develop, evaluation and commercialize cyber security technology that can be integrated into distributed smart grid field applications. The validation portion of the project was a demonstration of cybersecurity technology in Burlington Hydro’s smart meter network.
The commercialized technology emerging from the project is N-Sentinel Monitoring, which is a continuous threat monitoring service that was released earlier this year. It analyzes and reduces threat alerts. This eliminates the need for personnel to assess hundreds or thousands of log files and shrinks the time to remedial action, according to N-Dimension.
As part of the project, N-Dimension integrated the continuous threat monitoring functionality into Elster Solutions’ EnergyAxis Gatekeeper.
Earlier this month, Chain Store Age ran a feature that points to the deep tie between corporate security and energy management. The piece, which relied on insights from the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers, suggested that there can be synergies and integration between security and energy management.
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings