N-Dimension Helps Ontario Secure Smart Grid Apps
N-Dimension Solutions has completed a cyber security test of smart grid applications sponsored by the Ontario Ministry of Energy and partly funded through the Ontario Smart Grid Fund initiative.
The mandate of the project was to develop, evaluation and commercialize cyber security technology that can be integrated into distributed smart grid field applications. The validation portion of the project was a demonstration of cybersecurity technology in Burlington Hydro’s smart meter network.
The commercialized technology emerging from the project is N-Sentinel Monitoring, which is a continuous threat monitoring service that was released earlier this year. It analyzes and reduces threat alerts. This eliminates the need for personnel to assess hundreds or thousands of log files and shrinks the time to remedial action, according to N-Dimension.
As part of the project, N-Dimension integrated the continuous threat monitoring functionality into Elster Solutions’ EnergyAxis Gatekeeper.
Earlier this month, Chain Store Age ran a feature that points to the deep tie between corporate security and energy management. The piece, which relied on insights from the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers, suggested that there can be synergies and integration between security and energy management.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Planning for a Sustainable Future