12 Organizations Honored for Energy Efficient Parking Facilities
The Energy Department joined the non-profit Lighting Energy Efficiency in Parking (LEEP) Campaign to recognize 12 organizations that are leading the way in efficient parking lot and parking garage lighting. Combined, these winners are saving nearly 45 million kWh and $4 million per year by upgrading to high efficiency lighting in 500,000 parking spaces nationwide.
The Department of Energy’s Better Buildings Alliance is supporting the LEEP Campaign.
The winners are:
- Cox Enterprises
- MC Realty Group
- MGM Resorts
- Regency Centers
- Marine Corps Base Quantico
- Walmart Stores
- University of Minnesota
- JBG Companies
- California Lighting Technology Center
- Howard Hughes Corporation
- Kimco Realty Corporation
To date, more than 100 US businesses and organizations are participating in the campaign and planning or installing energy efficient lighting in their parking facilities. In the past year, these organizations have committed to install efficient lighting across more than 270 million square feet. LEEP Campaign participants have upgraded their facilities to high efficiency metal halide, fluorescent, and LEDs.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions