12 Organizations Honored for Energy Efficient Parking Facilities
The Energy Department joined the non-profit Lighting Energy Efficiency in Parking (LEEP) Campaign to recognize 12 organizations that are leading the way in efficient parking lot and parking garage lighting. Combined, these winners are saving nearly 45 million kWh and $4 million per year by upgrading to high efficiency lighting in 500,000 parking spaces nationwide.
The Department of Energy’s Better Buildings Alliance is supporting the LEEP Campaign.
The winners are:
- Cox Enterprises
- MC Realty Group
- MGM Resorts
- Regency Centers
- Marine Corps Base Quantico
- Walmart Stores
- University of Minnesota
- JBG Companies
- California Lighting Technology Center
- Howard Hughes Corporation
- Kimco Realty Corporation
To date, more than 100 US businesses and organizations are participating in the campaign and planning or installing energy efficient lighting in their parking facilities. In the past year, these organizations have committed to install efficient lighting across more than 270 million square feet. LEEP Campaign participants have upgraded their facilities to high efficiency metal halide, fluorescent, and LEDs.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management