12 Organizations Honored for Energy Efficient Parking Facilities
The Energy Department joined the non-profit Lighting Energy Efficiency in Parking (LEEP) Campaign to recognize 12 organizations that are leading the way in efficient parking lot and parking garage lighting. Combined, these winners are saving nearly 45 million kWh and $4 million per year by upgrading to high efficiency lighting in 500,000 parking spaces nationwide.
The Department of Energy’s Better Buildings Alliance is supporting the LEEP Campaign.
The winners are:
- Cox Enterprises
- MC Realty Group
- MGM Resorts
- Regency Centers
- Marine Corps Base Quantico
- Walmart Stores
- University of Minnesota
- JBG Companies
- California Lighting Technology Center
- Howard Hughes Corporation
- Kimco Realty Corporation
To date, more than 100 US businesses and organizations are participating in the campaign and planning or installing energy efficient lighting in their parking facilities. In the past year, these organizations have committed to install efficient lighting across more than 270 million square feet. LEEP Campaign participants have upgraded their facilities to high efficiency metal halide, fluorescent, and LEDs.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement