AGL Adds Solar to Smartphone App
AGL Energy is updating its smartphone app to better accommodate solar energy and the energy cloud.
The updated version of the company’s app, according to One Step Off the Grid, will enable users to monitor rooftop solar grids and choose when to sell excess energy to the grid. The story says that the app adds real time analytics on rooftop performance and efficiency.
The legacy version of the app tracks electricity and gas usage. The app is used to enable AGL customers to pay bills, view billing information and project future bills, the story says. The piece says that in many cases people don’t recognize inefficiencies in their solar infrastructure until much money is wasted.
In January, SmartPhone Meter Reading LLC released a fully-featured meter reader for Android smartphones. The app, according to the company, eliminates the need for meter reading.
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- There’s Money in the Trash
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy