AGL Adds Solar to Smartphone App
AGL Energy is updating its smartphone app to better accommodate solar energy and the energy cloud.
The updated version of the company’s app, according to One Step Off the Grid, will enable users to monitor rooftop solar grids and choose when to sell excess energy to the grid. The story says that the app adds real time analytics on rooftop performance and efficiency.
The legacy version of the app tracks electricity and gas usage. The app is used to enable AGL customers to pay bills, view billing information and project future bills, the story says. The piece says that in many cases people don’t recognize inefficiencies in their solar infrastructure until much money is wasted.
In January, SmartPhone Meter Reading LLC released a fully-featured meter reader for Android smartphones. The app, according to the company, eliminates the need for meter reading.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy