1,230 kW Solar Array Deployed at Maryland Retirement Community
Presbyterian Senior Living in McLean, Va., recently unveiled its 1,230 kW solar array at Glen Meadows Retirement Community in Glen Arm, Md. The solar array will be owned and operated by Washington Gas Energy Systems under a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA).
The 1,230 kW ground-mounted system includes 4,180 solar panels and is expected to generate about 1,680 MW hours of solar energy per year.
Sol Systems, a Washington, DC-based solar energy finance firm, acted as investment advisor to Washington Gas Energy Systems in the transaction. Sol Systems originated the project opportunity from Building Energy, an Italian-based independent power producer. Building Energy developed the project through a joint venture with ABM, which handled the engineering, procurement and construction.
Other energy-efficiency measures implemented at Presbyterian Senior Living include the installation of energy tracking software, low-flow showerheads and toilets, high-energy windows and energy-efficient heating and cooling units.
Washington Gas Energy Systems now owns 14 solar projects in Maryland, including a 1.26 MW solar array developed for Kent County, an 803 kW system at Mace’s Lane Middle School in Dorchester County and two 2.5-MW projects built for the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.
The complimentary report "Guide to Energy, Carbon and Sustainability Software," created by Groom Energy and brought to you by Enablon, presents the main drivers for companies to invest in sustainability software. The guide describes the biggest challenges, identifies key software features to look for and offers recommendations for selecting sustainability software. Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management