1,230 kW Solar Array Deployed at Maryland Retirement Community
Presbyterian Senior Living in McLean, Va., recently unveiled its 1,230 kW solar array at Glen Meadows Retirement Community in Glen Arm, Md. The solar array will be owned and operated by Washington Gas Energy Systems under a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA).
The 1,230 kW ground-mounted system includes 4,180 solar panels and is expected to generate about 1,680 MW hours of solar energy per year.
Sol Systems, a Washington, DC-based solar energy finance firm, acted as investment advisor to Washington Gas Energy Systems in the transaction. Sol Systems originated the project opportunity from Building Energy, an Italian-based independent power producer. Building Energy developed the project through a joint venture with ABM, which handled the engineering, procurement and construction.
Other energy-efficiency measures implemented at Presbyterian Senior Living include the installation of energy tracking software, low-flow showerheads and toilets, high-energy windows and energy-efficient heating and cooling units.
Washington Gas Energy Systems now owns 14 solar projects in Maryland, including a 1.26 MW solar array developed for Kent County, an 803 kW system at Mace’s Lane Middle School in Dorchester County and two 2.5-MW projects built for the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement