16 Businesses Join Behavior-Based Energy Challenge
Snohomish County Public Utility District in Washington launched a community-based Stanwood Energy Challenge, in which two teams of eight businesses each will compete to see which can save more energy.
“Our primary goal is to learn how much small businesses can save through employee actions and low-cost equipment changes,” said PUD utility analyst Laura McCrae. “The actual benefits may go beyond electricity savings as the businesses look at how they can also lower natural gas use, eliminate water waste and reduce their use of other resources.”
The Stanwood Energy Challenge is running from February 3 through June 30, 2014. Each business will receive a real-time energy dashboard to track electricity usage, both at its site and at the team level.
The Stanwood Energy Challenge, a behavior-based energy efficiency pilot program, is funded in part by the Bonneville Power Administration. Snohomish PUD selected PECI to provide pilot design and implementation. Lucid will provide businesses detailed insight into their real-time electricity usage via its Building Dashboard software.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room