16 Businesses Join Behavior-Based Energy Challenge
Snohomish County Public Utility District in Washington launched a community-based Stanwood Energy Challenge, in which two teams of eight businesses each will compete to see which can save more energy.
“Our primary goal is to learn how much small businesses can save through employee actions and low-cost equipment changes,” said PUD utility analyst Laura McCrae. “The actual benefits may go beyond electricity savings as the businesses look at how they can also lower natural gas use, eliminate water waste and reduce their use of other resources.”
The Stanwood Energy Challenge is running from February 3 through June 30, 2014. Each business will receive a real-time energy dashboard to track electricity usage, both at its site and at the team level.
The Stanwood Energy Challenge, a behavior-based energy efficiency pilot program, is funded in part by the Bonneville Power Administration. Snohomish PUD selected PECI to provide pilot design and implementation. Lucid will provide businesses detailed insight into their real-time electricity usage via its Building Dashboard software.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management