$1M Fund Established for Innovations in Fuel Cells, Renewable Natural Gas
Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) established a $1 million innovation fund with the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) to speed the development of clean technologies in three key areas: fuel cells, renewable natural gas and distributed natural gas products such as liquid transportation fuels and other chemicals.
The partners say natural gas is more than just a bridge fuel to meet current global energy needs; it has the potential to become a sustainable energy source through new technologies that can produce gas from biomass and solar energy.
LACI is a private nonprofit founded by the City of Los Angeles to accelerate the commercialization of clean technologies in the region. SoCalGas, a natural gas distribution utility, provides service to 20.9 million consumers throughout central and Southern California.
Bolstering the research and development efforts of SoCalGas, LACI will investigate leading technologies and the teams bringing those solutions to market. They will recruit those best suited for incubation and development and help them deploy into SoCalGas’ service territory and other key markets. SoCalGas has reserved $1 million of innovation fund capital for the companies selected, and has the option to invest subject to customary legal and financial due diligence and agreeable terms.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal