$1M Fund Established for Innovations in Fuel Cells, Renewable Natural Gas
Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) established a $1 million innovation fund with the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) to speed the development of clean technologies in three key areas: fuel cells, renewable natural gas and distributed natural gas products such as liquid transportation fuels and other chemicals.
The partners say natural gas is more than just a bridge fuel to meet current global energy needs; it has the potential to become a sustainable energy source through new technologies that can produce gas from biomass and solar energy.
LACI is a private nonprofit founded by the City of Los Angeles to accelerate the commercialization of clean technologies in the region. SoCalGas, a natural gas distribution utility, provides service to 20.9 million consumers throughout central and Southern California.
Bolstering the research and development efforts of SoCalGas, LACI will investigate leading technologies and the teams bringing those solutions to market. They will recruit those best suited for incubation and development and help them deploy into SoCalGas’ service territory and other key markets. SoCalGas has reserved $1 million of innovation fund capital for the companies selected, and has the option to invest subject to customary legal and financial due diligence and agreeable terms.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement