$1M Fund Established for Innovations in Fuel Cells, Renewable Natural Gas
Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) established a $1 million innovation fund with the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) to speed the development of clean technologies in three key areas: fuel cells, renewable natural gas and distributed natural gas products such as liquid transportation fuels and other chemicals.
The partners say natural gas is more than just a bridge fuel to meet current global energy needs; it has the potential to become a sustainable energy source through new technologies that can produce gas from biomass and solar energy.
LACI is a private nonprofit founded by the City of Los Angeles to accelerate the commercialization of clean technologies in the region. SoCalGas, a natural gas distribution utility, provides service to 20.9 million consumers throughout central and Southern California.
Bolstering the research and development efforts of SoCalGas, LACI will investigate leading technologies and the teams bringing those solutions to market. They will recruit those best suited for incubation and development and help them deploy into SoCalGas’ service territory and other key markets. SoCalGas has reserved $1 million of innovation fund capital for the companies selected, and has the option to invest subject to customary legal and financial due diligence and agreeable terms.
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How to Reduce Cost by Increasing Accountability for Energy Efficiency
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- 9 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems