2 Biogas Plants Go Online in UK
Weltec Biopower says in the next months, two new Weltec plants will go live in the UK.
In Londonderry, Northern Ireland, a 500 kW anaerobic digestion plant of the Foyle Food Group will commence operations. The industrial meat processing company will feed the 3000-m3 stainless-steel digesters entirely with waste from its own abattoirs in the vicinity. On site, Weltec has integrated a hygienisation unit, a 530-m3 digestate storage unit and its MULTIMix input system.
Also, Weltec will open a new agricultural 500 kW biogas plant in Leicester that makes use of a conventional mix of renewable raw materials. The operator, an agricultural contractor with an own cropping farm, mainly uses maize silage as substrate.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide