2 Biogas Plants Go Online in UK
Weltec Biopower says in the next months, two new Weltec plants will go live in the UK.
In Londonderry, Northern Ireland, a 500 kW anaerobic digestion plant of the Foyle Food Group will commence operations. The industrial meat processing company will feed the 3000-m3 stainless-steel digesters entirely with waste from its own abattoirs in the vicinity. On site, Weltec has integrated a hygienisation unit, a 530-m3 digestate storage unit and its MULTIMix input system.
Also, Weltec will open a new agricultural 500 kW biogas plant in Leicester that makes use of a conventional mix of renewable raw materials. The operator, an agricultural contractor with an own cropping farm, mainly uses maize silage as substrate.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement