2 Holiday Inns Save $180 Per Room with Energy Management
Onity was selected by Larson Companies to provide its SensorStat DDC energy management system to two Holiday Inn hotels in Eau Claire, Wisc. Onity is part of United Technologies (UTC).
Custom Energy Solutions installed the systems, which manage the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) energy use at the hotels. Custom Energy Solutions says that Onity’s energy management system has saved more than 20 percent in energy costs over the past five years at the hotels, resulting in annual energy cost savings of nearly $180 per room at these properties.
The Onity SensorStat DDC thermostats in place at the Eau Claire hotels use digital temperature control with passive infrared occupancy sensing and HVAC setbacks to automatically regulate the individual, in-room packaged terminal air conditioner (PTAC) units. Hotel guests can accurately control the temperature while in the room; but when the system detects the room is vacant, the thermostat returns to the “management-preferred” set back level. Once the guest returns, the system automatically returns the room temperature back to their desired comfort level.
Members of the housekeeping staff no longer have to be responsible for turning the heat down.
Custom Energy Solutions made Larson Companies aware of energy rebates available through Wisconsin Focus on Energy, resulting in rebates amounting to more than $24,000. Focus on Energy is a Wisconsin utilities’ statewide energy efficiency and renewable resource program.
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement