2 Holiday Inns Save $180 Per Room with Energy Management
Onity was selected by Larson Companies to provide its SensorStat DDC energy management system to two Holiday Inn hotels in Eau Claire, Wisc. Onity is part of United Technologies (UTC).
Custom Energy Solutions installed the systems, which manage the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) energy use at the hotels. Custom Energy Solutions says that Onity’s energy management system has saved more than 20 percent in energy costs over the past five years at the hotels, resulting in annual energy cost savings of nearly $180 per room at these properties.
The Onity SensorStat DDC thermostats in place at the Eau Claire hotels use digital temperature control with passive infrared occupancy sensing and HVAC setbacks to automatically regulate the individual, in-room packaged terminal air conditioner (PTAC) units. Hotel guests can accurately control the temperature while in the room; but when the system detects the room is vacant, the thermostat returns to the “management-preferred” set back level. Once the guest returns, the system automatically returns the room temperature back to their desired comfort level.
Members of the housekeeping staff no longer have to be responsible for turning the heat down.
Custom Energy Solutions made Larson Companies aware of energy rebates available through Wisconsin Focus on Energy, resulting in rebates amounting to more than $24,000. Focus on Energy is a Wisconsin utilities’ statewide energy efficiency and renewable resource program.
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity