2 Holiday Inns Save $180 Per Room with Energy Management
Onity was selected by Larson Companies to provide its SensorStat DDC energy management system to two Holiday Inn hotels in Eau Claire, Wisc. Onity is part of United Technologies (UTC).
Custom Energy Solutions installed the systems, which manage the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) energy use at the hotels. Custom Energy Solutions says that Onity’s energy management system has saved more than 20 percent in energy costs over the past five years at the hotels, resulting in annual energy cost savings of nearly $180 per room at these properties.
The Onity SensorStat DDC thermostats in place at the Eau Claire hotels use digital temperature control with passive infrared occupancy sensing and HVAC setbacks to automatically regulate the individual, in-room packaged terminal air conditioner (PTAC) units. Hotel guests can accurately control the temperature while in the room; but when the system detects the room is vacant, the thermostat returns to the “management-preferred” set back level. Once the guest returns, the system automatically returns the room temperature back to their desired comfort level.
Members of the housekeeping staff no longer have to be responsible for turning the heat down.
Custom Energy Solutions made Larson Companies aware of energy rebates available through Wisconsin Focus on Energy, resulting in rebates amounting to more than $24,000. Focus on Energy is a Wisconsin utilities’ statewide energy efficiency and renewable resource program.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex