2015 for PV: It Was a Very Good Year
GTM Research reported this week that its preliminary numbers show that solar photo voltaic installations in last year outstripped the 2014 total by 34 percent.
The story at Clean Technica said that the decision at the end of 2015 by Congress to extend the investment tax credit is evidence of the importance of governmental actions. The decision will be one factor in the growth of the U.S. share of global PV from 10 percent to 15 percent from last year through 2020.
The firm predicts that China and the United States will combine for 2.5 GW of installations, with Africa and the Middle East installing 1 GW.
The PV Market Alliance says that 51 GW of solar capacity was installed last year, which the group said precisely matched its predictions. The PVMA indicated that there was strong growth in all major markets.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future