290 MW Agua Caliente Solar Facility Opens
NRG Solar and MidAmerican Solar completed their Agua Caliente solar photovoltaic facility, a 290 MW PV project located on 2,400 acres between Yuma and Phoenix, Ariz.
The electricity generated by the station is being sold to Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) under a 25-year power purchase agreement. The project received a $967 million loan guarantee from the US Department of Energy’s Loan Programs Office.
First Solar designed and constructed the project using its advanced thin-film photovoltaic modules and will operate and maintain the facility for NRG and MidAmerican Solar.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws