2G Cenergy CHP Plants Set for Ohio and Canada
2G is to supply a 9.4 MW biogas CHP cogeneration plant to service a waste-to-energy and materials recovery facility at Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio in Grove City, Ohio.
The modular 2G biogas cogeneration system to be installed for Phase 1 is rated 5.55 MWh consisting of three fully integrated 2G Avus series CHP. The cogeneration system comes with ultra-low NOx and carbon emissions control technology. Delivery of phase one is expected in late 2014, and phase 2 is following in 2015, the company says.
During Phase 1, landfill gas from the adjacent SWACO landfill site will be utilized to fuel the cogeneration modules.
In Canada, the company is to install a 2G Avus 800 natural gas cogeneration module at Formet Industries, a manufacturer of truck frame assemblies, in Ontario.
Instead of the conventional design-build, or site-build process, the company decided for a 100 percent modular connection-ready cogeneration system. The cogeneration process results in overall electrical and thermal efficiencies close to 90 percent, compared to most utility power plants operating in the 33 percent efficiency range.
Total installed industrial CHP is expected to reach 483.7 GW in 2023, according to a study by Navigant Research released in February. New deployments will generate $29.8 billion in new revenue that same year, representing a compound annual growth rate of 4.3 percent between 2013 and 2023. New capacity additions during the forecast period are expected to average 16.3 GW per year, the report says.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement