30 MW Solar Project Goes Up Near Las Vegas
A new 30 MW AC/37.5 MW DC solar installation – the Spectrum Nevada Solar Project in Clark County, Nev. – will be owned by Southern Power Company and its partner Turner Renewable Energy.
Signal Energy is responsible for the engineering, procurement and construction activities associated with the 311-acre solar farm located just outside of Las Vegas. Signal Energy’s scope of work includes all engineering, civil infrastructure, mechanical assembly and electrical work, along with the associated substation and transmission line.
About 2,000 tracker rows with 130,000 photovoltaic solar modules will make up the solar array. The trackers have the ability to increase electricity production at the solar farm by more than 20 percent.
Array Technologies, out of Albuquerque, NM, manufactured the tracking system.
The Spectrum Nevada Solar Project will be operated and maintained by SunEdison and is part of a multi-year utility scale solar power purchasing agreement with NV Energy. The project is expected to be operational in the second quarter of 2013.
Signal Energy was named the No. 2 solar contractor, behind First Solar, in Solar Power World’s 2012 “Top 100 Solar Contractors.” The ranking lists publicly and privately owned companies according to their annual and total solar photovoltaic megawatt installations. Since 2010, Signal Energy has installed over 150 megawatts of utility-scale solar.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management