30 MW Solar Project Goes Up Near Las Vegas
A new 30 MW AC/37.5 MW DC solar installation – the Spectrum Nevada Solar Project in Clark County, Nev. – will be owned by Southern Power Company and its partner Turner Renewable Energy.
Signal Energy is responsible for the engineering, procurement and construction activities associated with the 311-acre solar farm located just outside of Las Vegas. Signal Energy’s scope of work includes all engineering, civil infrastructure, mechanical assembly and electrical work, along with the associated substation and transmission line.
About 2,000 tracker rows with 130,000 photovoltaic solar modules will make up the solar array. The trackers have the ability to increase electricity production at the solar farm by more than 20 percent.
Array Technologies, out of Albuquerque, NM, manufactured the tracking system.
The Spectrum Nevada Solar Project will be operated and maintained by SunEdison and is part of a multi-year utility scale solar power purchasing agreement with NV Energy. The project is expected to be operational in the second quarter of 2013.
Signal Energy was named the No. 2 solar contractor, behind First Solar, in Solar Power World’s 2012 “Top 100 Solar Contractors.” The ranking lists publicly and privately owned companies according to their annual and total solar photovoltaic megawatt installations. Since 2010, Signal Energy has installed over 150 megawatts of utility-scale solar.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement