30 MW Solar Project Goes Up Near Las Vegas
A new 30 MW AC/37.5 MW DC solar installation – the Spectrum Nevada Solar Project in Clark County, Nev. – will be owned by Southern Power Company and its partner Turner Renewable Energy.
Signal Energy is responsible for the engineering, procurement and construction activities associated with the 311-acre solar farm located just outside of Las Vegas. Signal Energy’s scope of work includes all engineering, civil infrastructure, mechanical assembly and electrical work, along with the associated substation and transmission line.
About 2,000 tracker rows with 130,000 photovoltaic solar modules will make up the solar array. The trackers have the ability to increase electricity production at the solar farm by more than 20 percent.
Array Technologies, out of Albuquerque, NM, manufactured the tracking system.
The Spectrum Nevada Solar Project will be operated and maintained by SunEdison and is part of a multi-year utility scale solar power purchasing agreement with NV Energy. The project is expected to be operational in the second quarter of 2013.
Signal Energy was named the No. 2 solar contractor, behind First Solar, in Solar Power World’s 2012 “Top 100 Solar Contractors.” The ranking lists publicly and privately owned companies according to their annual and total solar photovoltaic megawatt installations. Since 2010, Signal Energy has installed over 150 megawatts of utility-scale solar.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Managing Enterprise Assets and IT Assets in a Converged World
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems