30 MW Solar Project Goes Up Near Las Vegas
A new 30 MW AC/37.5 MW DC solar installation – the Spectrum Nevada Solar Project in Clark County, Nev. – will be owned by Southern Power Company and its partner Turner Renewable Energy.
Signal Energy is responsible for the engineering, procurement and construction activities associated with the 311-acre solar farm located just outside of Las Vegas. Signal Energy’s scope of work includes all engineering, civil infrastructure, mechanical assembly and electrical work, along with the associated substation and transmission line.
About 2,000 tracker rows with 130,000 photovoltaic solar modules will make up the solar array. The trackers have the ability to increase electricity production at the solar farm by more than 20 percent.
Array Technologies, out of Albuquerque, NM, manufactured the tracking system.
The Spectrum Nevada Solar Project will be operated and maintained by SunEdison and is part of a multi-year utility scale solar power purchasing agreement with NV Energy. The project is expected to be operational in the second quarter of 2013.
Signal Energy was named the No. 2 solar contractor, behind First Solar, in Solar Power World’s 2012 “Top 100 Solar Contractors.” The ranking lists publicly and privately owned companies according to their annual and total solar photovoltaic megawatt installations. Since 2010, Signal Energy has installed over 150 megawatts of utility-scale solar.
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Let's Do The Math for DR