3,000 Facilities Use Ecova, Verisae’s Energy Monitoring
Ecova and Verisae say nearly 3,000 client facilities have started using the companies’ enhanced Continuous Monitoring software since they kicked off a partnership in the second quarter of 2014. Clients include grocery chains and medium- and big-box retailers, such as JCPenney.
Continuous Monitoring combines Verisae’s Software as a Service with Ecova’s Operations Control Center. The software analyzes data in real-time from energy management systems, looking for issues and anomalies to predict equipment failure.
Ecova’s service center investigates inbound service calls and work orders to determine the source of energy, equipment and system faults and, where possible, corrects issues remotely before they escalate. Trouble tickets and inbound calls are captured and tracked from creation to closure to provide companies with visibility into any operational issues.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds