4 Ford Dealerships Install Wind, Solar Combo
Under a pilot program, Wind Energy Corporation will install wind sail and solar panel systems at four Ford Motor Company dealerships, a nearly $750,000 investment, to help power dealer facilities.
Each Windy System includes wind sail technology that harvests wind energy and an integrated 7 kW solar array. Ford dealers will use the electricity to power their buildings, electric vehicle charging stations and lot lighting.
A Windy System is expected to deliver 20,000 kW annually.
The following participating dealers are electric vehicle-certified:
- Dana Ford Lincoln, Staten Island, New York
- Tom Holzer Ford, Farmington Hills, Michigan
- The Ford Store, Morgan Hill, California
- Fiesta Ford, Indio, California
In addition, a beta test was conducted at Boggus Ford in Harlingen, Texas (pictured).
Installations of the systems at the four locations are set to begin in early 2015 and be completed by spring. Once installed, the dealerships will keep the systems permanently.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws