4 National Grid Customers Honored for Energy Efficiency
The Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships (NEEP) has chosen four National Grid commercial customers as 2014 Northeast Business Leaders for Energy Efficiency.
National Grid New England and New York customers being recognized include:
Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods. The Massachusetts-based company manufactures and distributes Mediterranean foods throughout the United States. It was recognized for two major energy efficiency projects, which not only resulted in energy and cost savings but also allowed it to eliminate some equipment and reduce electrical load on others.
Chestnut Hill Realty. The company owns and operates over 4,500 apartments and townhouses at 27 multifamily properties in Greater Boston and Rhode Island. CHR’s green initiatives include conservation of energy spent on heating, hot water and lighting, water conservation, recycling, and education of residents and staff at its properties.
Citizens Bank. Citizens implemented several energy efficiency projects across its Rhode Island portfolio, including lighting retrofits and controls and HVAC enhancements. Over the last several years the company has put a plan in place to reduce its energy consumption across all its RI locations including large data centers, office buildings and their RI branches.
Union College. The school has implemented multiple energy and cost saving systems at its Schenectady, NY campus including improvements to the school library’s cooling and air handling system that utilize geothermal wells. The new system allows for better control of required temperature and humidity levels in the building. In addition, the school installed a new high-efficiency natural gas boiler that replaced an existing boiler in a student residence hall.
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation