5 Weird Energy Devices
SaveOnEnergy, which helps customers in competitive energy markets shop for energy suppliers, has come up with a list of five innovative energy sources, and created an infographic to show these devices:
1. InStep NanoPower (pictured) is a shoe insert that can capture 15 watts of energy during active walking. The energy can then be stored in a battery.
2. Epiphany onE Puck is a drink coaster that charges a cellphone. It uses a stirling engine powered solely by heat disparities, such as a hot or cold drink.
3. Soccket from Uncharted Play is a portable generator in the form of a size-5 soccer ball. With just a few minutes of play, the included LED lamp can be plugged into the ball to provide hours of light.
4. Ecobutton is a physical button connected via a USB to power down a device to its lowest energy-using level. When the Ecobutton is used on a desktop for 4 hours per day, it saves up to 473 kWh per year.
5. Perpetua Power has invented a 1 square inch thermoelectric generator that converts body heat into electricity when placed against skin. The device could potentially be used to power medical gear such as pacemakers.
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- BuildingIQ Security
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement