5 Weird Energy Devices
SaveOnEnergy, which helps customers in competitive energy markets shop for energy suppliers, has come up with a list of five innovative energy sources, and created an infographic to show these devices:
1. InStep NanoPower (pictured) is a shoe insert that can capture 15 watts of energy during active walking. The energy can then be stored in a battery.
2. Epiphany onE Puck is a drink coaster that charges a cellphone. It uses a stirling engine powered solely by heat disparities, such as a hot or cold drink.
3. Soccket from Uncharted Play is a portable generator in the form of a size-5 soccer ball. With just a few minutes of play, the included LED lamp can be plugged into the ball to provide hours of light.
4. Ecobutton is a physical button connected via a USB to power down a device to its lowest energy-using level. When the Ecobutton is used on a desktop for 4 hours per day, it saves up to 473 kWh per year.
5. Perpetua Power has invented a 1 square inch thermoelectric generator that converts body heat into electricity when placed against skin. The device could potentially be used to power medical gear such as pacemakers.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management