5 Weird Energy Devices
SaveOnEnergy, which helps customers in competitive energy markets shop for energy suppliers, has come up with a list of five innovative energy sources, and created an infographic to show these devices:
1. InStep NanoPower (pictured) is a shoe insert that can capture 15 watts of energy during active walking. The energy can then be stored in a battery.
2. Epiphany onE Puck is a drink coaster that charges a cellphone. It uses a stirling engine powered solely by heat disparities, such as a hot or cold drink.
3. Soccket from Uncharted Play is a portable generator in the form of a size-5 soccer ball. With just a few minutes of play, the included LED lamp can be plugged into the ball to provide hours of light.
4. Ecobutton is a physical button connected via a USB to power down a device to its lowest energy-using level. When the Ecobutton is used on a desktop for 4 hours per day, it saves up to 473 kWh per year.
5. Perpetua Power has invented a 1 square inch thermoelectric generator that converts body heat into electricity when placed against skin. The device could potentially be used to power medical gear such as pacemakers.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing