800W DC-DC Converter Boosts Power Density
GE’s Critical Power business introduced the Barracuda-series DC-DC converter, providing up to 800 watts of 12-volt DC output power from an input voltage range of 40 to 60 volts, providing higher power density for 12-volt solutions.
The Barracuda-series QBVE067A0B converters feature an industry-standard, DOSA-compliant quarter-brick footprint, measuring 58.4 by 36.8 by 10.7 millimeters. Previously, two parallel 400-W converters would need to be installed to facilitate 800 W of power. The need for two modules to convert the power greatly reduces the amount of space available for other components.
The new Barracuda-series DC-DC converters are able to convert power from a wide range of input voltages to a low output voltage of 12 volts at a maximum load current of 67 amperes. The output is fully isolated at 2,250 volts from the input, allowing for versatile polarity configurations and grounding connections. In addition, the converters feature built-in filtering for both input and output, minimizing the need for external filtering.
The module’s tightly regulated output voltage makes the DC-DC converters ideal for installations such as 12-volt intermediate bus applications where multiple low voltages are subsequently generated using point-of-load converters. Other ideal applications include distributed power architectures, servers and storage applications, supercomputers, automatic test equipment and networking equipment such as Power over Ethernet and high-speed 5G networks.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year