See the EL Tech Review Winners — Products the Experts Say You Should Explore
Energy Manager Today’s sister publication Environmental Leader today announced results of its Technology Reviews, a program recognizing excellence in products and services that provide companies with energy and environmental benefits. Companies that scored 3.5 Stars or higher (out of 5) are featured in the Environmental Leader Technology Reviews Hall of Fame and in the Environmental Leader Technology Reviews report.
Products were evaluated and ranked by a panel of independent judges from companies including: PepsiCo, Staples, the University of California Berkeley, ISS Facility Services, The Green Grid, LNS Research, Owens Corning, Yahoo! Inc., GlaxoSmithKline, Legrand, Petco, and New Belgium Brewing Company.
“The caliber of the entries was impressive, and truly showed the innovation taking place in the industry today,” says Paul Nastu, publisher of Environmental Leader. “The judges had their work cut out for them. It was a tough playing field for those that entered and the products that scored 3.5 Stars or higher are those that the judges say have viable attributes that set them apart from others in the field.”
With today’s crowded playing field, energy and sustainability professionals have a notoriously difficult time knowing what products to choose to help their companies increase energy, environmental and sustainability performance. The Environmental Leader Technology Reviews program gives companies a solid base of products, vetted by experts, from which to choose.
The Technology Reviews product scoring was based on the following guidelines:
0-1: Useful product, yet commodity
2-3: Solid product with viable attributes that set it apart
3.5-4: Excellent product with technical features and performance that provide clear and substantial benefits
5: Superb product that sets new standard for performance and provides groundbreaking and NEW technical milestones.
Top-scoring companies and products in the energy sector are as follows:
- Bluehorse Associates | Carbonostics
- Digital Lumens | Intelligent Lighting System
- Enablon | The Enablon Sustainability Management Platform
- Lumenor Energy Services | LES-T8 LED Tube 94.5W High Bay
- EnergyPoints | EnergyPoints Analytics
- Power Assure | EM/4
- Siemens Building Technologies – Demand Flow
- UL DQS | Self Assessment ISO 50001 Energy Management System
- Emerson Network Power | Liebert NXL(TM) 1100 kVA/1100 kW
- Invensys Controls | Eliwell EWPlus EO
- Invensys Operations Management | Wonderware Corporate Energy Management Application
- Legacy Daylight Harvesting Fluorescent Light Ballast
- Noesis Energy | Noesis Energy Management Performance Tracking
- Schneider Electric | Resource Advisor
- Verisae |_Enterprise Refrigerant Management
Download the full report.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement