Abilene Schools Save $1M on Energy Purchase
QuotEnergy Advisors – an energy procurement firm and approved provider in the Texas and Arkansas TIPS/TAPS school purchasing programs – announced on October 4 that it has it has helped Abilene Independent School District (ISD) to purchase more than 95 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity for its facilities.
The procurement firm worked with the ISD to clinch a five-year energy contract, effective in 2019, that will yield more than $1 million in savings for the district over its current rate, while providing welcome budget certainty into 2024.
Against the backdrop of budgetary pressures facing all Texas public schools and historic low natural gas prices, QuotEnergy said it worked closely with Abilene ISD to evaluate the forward energy market and attract quality suppliers, wholesalers and buying groups into a highly competitive process.
Once the process began, QuotEnergy used its market expertise to drive down prices, while capitalizing on relationships with senior decision-makers among the bidders to access even lower rates. In parallel, the firm helped Abilene ISD assess non-pricing parameters among the contenders to help determine which providers would best service the school district’s needs. The process ultimately resulted in the selection of MP2 Energy and the new cost-saving contract.
“QuotEnergy provided proactive market intelligence, and a robust and transparent competitive process, to help the district lock in over a million dollars in savings,” said Scott McLean, associate superintendent of Operations, Abilene Independent School District. “This new energy contract is an important win that will benefit students across our district.”
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards