ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council
ABM Building Services in San Diego has been invited to serve on the Balboa Park Cultural Partnership (BPCP) Sustainability Council, which has a goal to significantly reduce energy use annually in Balboa Park.
ABM has worked with Balboa Park for a number of years and has completed several energy efficiency based retrofit projects for its cultural institutions.
The BPCP is a nonprofit organization through which 28 arts, science and cultural institutions in Balboa Park, San Diego, collaborate to achieve greater efficiency. BPCP established the Sustainability Program in 2008 and is a collaborative effort between the BPCP, the City of San Diego and San Diego Gas & Electric. The goal of the sustainability program is to establish Balboa Park as an exemplary model of sustainability and energy efficiency for museums and parks around the globe.
For example, in 2012, the San Diego Zoo installed a 90-kW solar photovoltaic canopy that directly charges electric vehicles (EVs) in the zoo’s parking lot as part of the City’s efforts to usher in sustainable solutions for Balboa Park.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles