ABM Wins Energy Savings Contract with Colquitt County Schools
ABM has been selected by Colquitt County Schools in Moultrie, Ga., to implement district-wide, comprehensive infrastructure improvements through ABM’s Bundled Energy Solutions program.
ABM will provide energy efficiency upgrades and facility enhancements to all 14 schools within the county.
The project, scheduled to be completed in June, 2016, is estimated to save $19 million in energy and operating costs over a 15-year period.
The upgrades will include replacing over 50 percent of the school district’s HVAC equipment and installing centralized building controls with remote capabilities. In addition, other building enhancements will include lighting upgrades, building envelope improvements, power management, transformer upgrades, refrigeration optimization and utilization of water conservation methods.
Overall, the project will generate more than $100,000 a year in general fund relief without any upfront costs and supply critical mechanical upgrades to the schools within the district.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management