ABM Wins Energy Savings Contract with Colquitt County Schools
ABM has been selected by Colquitt County Schools in Moultrie, Ga., to implement district-wide, comprehensive infrastructure improvements through ABM’s Bundled Energy Solutions program.
ABM will provide energy efficiency upgrades and facility enhancements to all 14 schools within the county.
The project, scheduled to be completed in June, 2016, is estimated to save $19 million in energy and operating costs over a 15-year period.
The upgrades will include replacing over 50 percent of the school district’s HVAC equipment and installing centralized building controls with remote capabilities. In addition, other building enhancements will include lighting upgrades, building envelope improvements, power management, transformer upgrades, refrigeration optimization and utilization of water conservation methods.
Overall, the project will generate more than $100,000 a year in general fund relief without any upfront costs and supply critical mechanical upgrades to the schools within the district.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles