ABM Wins Energy Savings Contract with Colquitt County Schools
ABM has been selected by Colquitt County Schools in Moultrie, Ga., to implement district-wide, comprehensive infrastructure improvements through ABM’s Bundled Energy Solutions program.
ABM will provide energy efficiency upgrades and facility enhancements to all 14 schools within the county.
The project, scheduled to be completed in June, 2016, is estimated to save $19 million in energy and operating costs over a 15-year period.
The upgrades will include replacing over 50 percent of the school district’s HVAC equipment and installing centralized building controls with remote capabilities. In addition, other building enhancements will include lighting upgrades, building envelope improvements, power management, transformer upgrades, refrigeration optimization and utilization of water conservation methods.
Overall, the project will generate more than $100,000 a year in general fund relief without any upfront costs and supply critical mechanical upgrades to the schools within the district.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management