Accenture, CGI, Deloitte, IBM Lead Energy-Focused Tech Market
Green Quadrant: Sustainable Technology Services (Global) 2013, which compares 16 of the largest global technology service providers, bases its analysis on interviews with 15 buyers representing firms with revenues of $183 billion as well as supplier responses to a 53-point questionnaire.
The four suppliers lead the market because they have a critical number of consultants to drive innovation, offer a broad portfolio of energy and sustainability services, and make strategic acquisition to add depth to energy and environment expertise, Verdantix said. Leading companies also have the consulting expertise to open the door to larger IT implementation projects and a willingness to invest in marketing sustainable technology to new target buyers, said Verdantix Principal Analyst Phil Sayer.
IBM, HP and Deloitte have the highest level of brand awareness for their energy and environmental management services, according to the panel of buyers surveyed for the report.
The analysis found the most popular sustainability projects are energy reduction, environmental management and sustainability performance reporting.
Of the 15 buyers included in the Verdantix study’s customer panel, 67 percent hired a technology services firm to support their IT and telecom energy management in the past two years. Of those, 60 percent hired a technology firm for sustainability management software, while 53 percent purchased manufacturing energy management IT system services.
IT services firms Atos, Dimension Data, TCS and Wipro also are positioned to be leaders in the global market for sustainable technology services, Verdantix said. In the past year, Dimension Data has emerged as a particularly strong company in the design and implementation of IT energy systems for buildings and data center, while TCS has shown a broad set of skills in IT systems for manufacturing energy management, according to the report.
A Verdantix report released in January found IBM, along with CA Technologies, CarbonSystems, Schneider Electric and Verisae lead the global market for energy management software.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement