ACEEE Names Energy Efficiency Champions
Four professionals from the US Department of Energy, Industrial Energy Efficiency Network, The Dow Chemical Company and Bonneville Power Administration have been honored in the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy’s Champion of Energy Efficiency Awards.
The 2013 winners are:
- Paul Scheihing, technology manager at the US Department of Energy‘s Advanced Manufacturing Office, for leadership in implementation of industrial energy efficiency, and a career of advocating for energy efficiency within government and industry.
- Rick Marsh, director at the Industrial Energy Efficiency Network, for leadership in industrial energy efficiency in the Southeast, and serving as a mentor to other industrial energy efficiency professionals around the country.
- Joe Almaguer, global energy efficiency and conservation leader at The Dow Chemical Company, for a career of implementing industrial energy efficiency at The Dow Chemical Company, and providing leadership on industrial energy efficiency policies globally.
- Bonneville Power Administration‘s Energy Smart Industrial Program and Jennifer Eskil, industrial sector lead, for the development and delivery of what ACEEE calls an “exemplary” industrial energy efficiency program on an aggressive schedule with “impressive” results.
The winners were nominated by their peers and selected by a committee of ACEEE’s board of directors from an impressive group of over 75 nominations. Selection criteria were based on each nominee’s impact, innovation, and leadership in the energy efficiency field.
The 2013 Champions join a select group of leaders in energy efficiency that have been recognized for their leadership by ACEEE at the annual Summer Study Conference. The Champion award began with the ACEEE Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Buildings and was extended to the Industry Summer Study in 2005.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management