Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
Acuity Brands acquired the patent portfolio and all other intellectual property rights of ByteLight, a provider of indoor location software for LED lighting.
Acuity Brands says the combination of ByteLight’s indoor positioning technology with Acuity Brands’ communication-enabled drivers and LED lighting platforms provides retailers with a method of delivering digital content to shoppers and associates within a retail store.
ByteLight uses Visible Light Communication (VLC) and Bluetooth low energy (BLE) technologies in combination with smart-phone apps and cloud services to transform LED lighting into indoor location waypoints that provide shoppers with indoor navigation and also allows retailers to communicate targeted digital content to a shopper’s smartphone.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash