Acuity Brands Launches Wireless Lighting Control System
Atlanta-based Acuity Brands has added two new wireless lighting control and energy management solutions to its Acuity Controls division.
The control systems—XPoint Wireless and xCella Wireless—offer energy savings and reduced installation costs for new construction and retrofit applications, Acuity Brands says. XPoint Wireless controls is designed to deliver lighting management for building-wide applications.
Users of xCella Wireless controls can create quick-configure room solutions for lighting, HVAC and plug load control.
The XPoint Wireless controls connects with occupancy sensors, daylight harvesting sensors and wall stations for data collection. It also features a distributed intelligence architecture, so users have a reliable communication network without a single point of failure, making it a suitable solution for high-bay industrial applications, education and commercial office applications and outdoor projects.
Last year, Acuity Brands introduced a retrofit commercial LED downlight from Lithonia Lighting, which allows RV Series LED downlights to be installed into existing mounting pans, requiring five minutes or less to install each fixture.
Photo: Acuity Brands
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement