Acuity Brands Launches Wireless Lighting Control System
Atlanta-based Acuity Brands has added two new wireless lighting control and energy management solutions to its Acuity Controls division.
The control systems—XPoint Wireless and xCella Wireless—offer energy savings and reduced installation costs for new construction and retrofit applications, Acuity Brands says. XPoint Wireless controls is designed to deliver lighting management for building-wide applications.
Users of xCella Wireless controls can create quick-configure room solutions for lighting, HVAC and plug load control.
The XPoint Wireless controls connects with occupancy sensors, daylight harvesting sensors and wall stations for data collection. It also features a distributed intelligence architecture, so users have a reliable communication network without a single point of failure, making it a suitable solution for high-bay industrial applications, education and commercial office applications and outdoor projects.
Last year, Acuity Brands introduced a retrofit commercial LED downlight from Lithonia Lighting, which allows RV Series LED downlights to be installed into existing mounting pans, requiring five minutes or less to install each fixture.
Photo: Acuity Brands
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement