Acuity Brands Launches Wireless Lighting Control System
Atlanta-based Acuity Brands has added two new wireless lighting control and energy management solutions to its Acuity Controls division.
The control systems—XPoint Wireless and xCella Wireless—offer energy savings and reduced installation costs for new construction and retrofit applications, Acuity Brands says. XPoint Wireless controls is designed to deliver lighting management for building-wide applications.
Users of xCella Wireless controls can create quick-configure room solutions for lighting, HVAC and plug load control.
The XPoint Wireless controls connects with occupancy sensors, daylight harvesting sensors and wall stations for data collection. It also features a distributed intelligence architecture, so users have a reliable communication network without a single point of failure, making it a suitable solution for high-bay industrial applications, education and commercial office applications and outdoor projects.
Last year, Acuity Brands introduced a retrofit commercial LED downlight from Lithonia Lighting, which allows RV Series LED downlights to be installed into existing mounting pans, requiring five minutes or less to install each fixture.
Photo: Acuity Brands
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Combined Heat and Power
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management