Advanced Energy Selected for Accredited Motor Repair Pilot Program
Advanced Energy has been selected by AEP Ohio, a unit of American Electric Power, to assist in the development of an accredited motor repair pilot program. Advanced Energy will be responsible for identifying and certifying four motor service centers across AEP Ohio’s service territory, demonstrating that the motor service centers are capable of repairing motors without losing efficiency.
AEP Ohio’s pilot program serves its industrial customers seeking motor repair as an energy efficiency measure. In order to receive incentives, the motors must be repaired in an accredited motor service center in accordance with Advanced Energy’s Proven Efficiency Verification (PEV) program. The planned incentives for this pilot include $2 per horsepower incentive for AEP Ohio customers and $1 per horsepower incentive for the accredited service center providing the repair.
Advanced Energy will be responsible for identifying motor service centers that are capable of repairing motors to AEP Ohio’s pilot program specifications. The specification covers form and wound rotor motors 300 horsepower and above. This is the starting point for the pilot. Smaller motor sizes will be considered in the future. Four service centers per service territory will be established, and an initial audit will be scheduled to begin the PEV process. A second site visit, which includes testing a repaired motor, will complete the certification.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection