AEG Storage Converters Chosen by UniEnergy for Battery Energy Storage
UniEnergy Technologies (UET) produces large-scale battery energy storage systems for utility, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications. The systems are able to help overcome challenges in adding renewables to the public grid, including grid stabilization and grid leveling.
AEG Power Solutions has been chosen by UET to supply its Protect SC.600 storage converters for UET’s Uni.System.
The AEG storage converters are already installed at two sites: i) at UET’s headquarters in Mukilteo, Washington, where they are being used by UET for production and acceptance testing in a 2 megawatt/4hrs (8 MWh) installation, and ii) the storage converters are included in UET’s 1 megawatt/4hrs (4 MWh) deployment on the Turner distribution circuit at a manufacturing facility in Pullman, Washington.
UET’s core patented technology is an advanced vanadium flow battery. The Uni.System features a plug & play ISO containerized design, controls and power electronics. The Uni.System installed in Pullman, Washington, is the largest deployed flow battery in North America and Europe, says the company.
AEG’s Protect SC.600 is a bi-directional power converter that transforms the battery’s chemically stored energy into a useful grid service by supply the right electric component, at the right time, with the right amount and form of electrical power.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Planning for a Sustainable Future