AEP Ohio Awards CenturyLink
AEP Ohio presented telecommunications provider CenturyLink with a $133,547 incentive check late last month.
The award was made by the company’s Ohio Data Center Program. It provides incentives based upon participants’ annual energy savings. The release says that last year CenturyLink upgraded its datacenter’s mechanical system, which enabled the replacement of the heat rejection equipment with a higher efficiency system. This led to in savings of 2.1 million kWh of energy annually. The release says that CenturyLink is expected to reduce its spending on energy by more than $135,000 per year.
Separately, CenturyLink has taken the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DoE) Better Buildings Challenge to reduce energy consumption by 20 percent annually by 2020.
CenturyLink described its datacenter strategy to Energy Manager Today earlier this year.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles