AEP Ohio Awards CenturyLink
AEP Ohio presented telecommunications provider CenturyLink with a $133,547 incentive check late last month.
The award was made by the company’s Ohio Data Center Program. It provides incentives based upon participants’ annual energy savings. The release says that last year CenturyLink upgraded its datacenter’s mechanical system, which enabled the replacement of the heat rejection equipment with a higher efficiency system. This led to in savings of 2.1 million kWh of energy annually. The release says that CenturyLink is expected to reduce its spending on energy by more than $135,000 per year.
Separately, CenturyLink has taken the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DoE) Better Buildings Challenge to reduce energy consumption by 20 percent annually by 2020.
CenturyLink described its datacenter strategy to Energy Manager Today earlier this year.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Planning for a Sustainable Future