AGGIOS Gets California Research Funds
Energy management and design technology firm AGGIOS was selected by the California Energy Commission (CEC) to receive funding for “cutting-edge research that will reduce the cost of producing electricity, save energy and improve the environment,” according to the CEC press release.
The new technology developed by AGGIOS leverages the power profile of device hardware and software in combination with application and user activity information to automatically generate the optimum run-time energy management software. By centralizing the information collection and decision making into a single process, analogous to a “control room,” the technology controls all aspects of the power consumption in the device and its external connections.
The new technology funded by the CEC is intended to help semiconductor companies, set top box producers and other communication equipment manufacturers to share the costs of the common energy optimization infrastructure and improve their ability to compete on the market. The project aims to increase energy efficiency of set top boxes beyond current and planned EnergyStar and Department of Energy standards, according to the CEC.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing