Aggreko Supplies Temporary Power for Pan Am/Parapan American Games
Aggreko has been named the Official Temporary Energy Services Supplier for the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan American Games being held in Toronto, Canada, July 10-26 and Aug. 7-14, respectively.
The two sporting events expect more than 10,000 athletes and officials from 41 countries who will participate in the largest international multi-sport event Canada has ever hosted. The TORONTO 2015 Games is slated to host more athletes and sports than the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, in which Aggreko provided power generation to both of those sporting events.
Aggreko will play a key role in designing and providing both temporary power and temperature control solutions to the Games and the Cisco International Broadcast Center.
Aggreko will supply more than 100 generators totaling over 50 MW of temporary power that will provide primary and back-up power systems across the Games; and design and install power redundancy to support the live global broadcast as well as the Games’ timing and scoring systems. In addition, Aggreko will provide its temperature control systems for the CIBC Athletes Village dining facility and more than 30 surrounding technical venues.
This is Aggreko’s third time supporting both the Pan American/Parapan American Games with its power systems and temperature control solutions.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Combined Heat and Power
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection