Agrion Names its ‘Disrupt 25+’
A company that cut energy and water use at a data center by 80 percent and set a record in power use effectiveness (PUE) is the first one to be featured as one of the most disruptive startups in a clean energy and sustainability ranking.
Agrion Americas assembled over 100 leading innovators in cleantech and sustainability from finance, tech, consumer industries, and more.
The company named the 25 most promising startups for driving change in clean energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, smart grid, transportation, eco-innovation & design, and sustainable business models.
Inertech’s projects in telecom, finance and government have aligned sustainability and good business decisions, radically reducing power and water costs while driving down energy use, carbon emissions, and water consumption by over 80 percent through its custom, modular data pods and ultra-efficient cooling systems.
In early 2013, Intertech announced a record-setting 1.012 PUE for the eOPTI-TRAX technology through a collaboration with Skanska on projects for telecommunications provider Telus. The company provided lower maintenance costs and reduced particulate matter and NOx/SOx pollution.
In clean energy, the noteworthy companies are: Energy Sage, Solantro, Integrated Solar Technology and Petra Solar. Energy efficiency companies recognized were: UtiliSave, Sealed Homes, Noesis Energy, ENEFSO, and Inertech.
Energy storage features Axion Power International, Stern, Enervault and Demand Energy. In smart grid, honorees were AutoGrid Systems, Viridity Energy, Green Energy Corp., Pareto Energy, Fastec and Bidgley. Transport included Simply Grid, Evercharge and VoicePark.
Eco-innovation and design companies were Pulpworks, Ecologic Brands and InEcTec Inc. Sustainable business models honorees were RoundHouse One, EOS Climate and eCosphere.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement