Air-Cooled Chillers Use Environmental Friendly Refrigerant
Trane introduced its Sintesis family of air-cooled chillers, which are now available for order in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Latin America.
Sintesis chillers are part of Trane’s EcoWise portfolio designed to lower their environmental impact with low global warming potential (GWP) refrigerants and high-efficiency operation.
Sintesis chillers offer customers a choice to use either R-134a or DuPont Opteon XP10 (R-513A), both low-GWP refrigerants to address sustainability objectives.
Other features of the portfolio:
- Uses up to 40 percent less refrigerant than traditional tube/fin and flooded heat exchanger technology due to the micro-channel condenser coil and the compact evaporator design.
- Reduces noise and improves acoustics through its factory-installed acoustic treatments. A user-selectable noise-reduction mode is also available to help comply with noise restrictions.
- Adaptive Control keeps the chiller working efficiently in extreme conditions – even under a building automation system failure.
- The control set up of Sintesis chillers offers a unique ice storage feature for cooling during peak demand.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection