Albany Airport Lighting Retrofit to Save $66,000 a Year
Albany International Airport expects to save $66,000 annually in utility costs from a lighting retrofit, The Business Review reports.
Some 1,969 fixtures are being replaced with high-efficiency LEDs in the baggage claim, third-floor terminal offices, the art and culture exhibit area, observation level, a conference room, vendor areas and restrooms.
Work is slated for completion by Feb. 22.
According to the journal, National Grid is the prime contractor for the $349,293 project. Horizon Solutions-Energy Services will install the new lighting, and Novus Engineering performed the energy audit.
National Grid provided a $90,656 grant for the project and the airport will pay for the rest.
The Business Review says airport officials expect the project to pay for itself in five years, and save $1.2 million in 20 years.
An energy retrofit of The New York Times building that included energy-efficient lighting has reduced the building’s annual electricity use 24 percent, according to a study published earlier this month by scientists at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management