ALDI Grocery Chain Deploys Siemens’ EMS
Grocery retailer ALDI has deployed Siemens’ Site Controls Energy Management System to almost 1,500 retail locations. Some of the installations were at newly constructed stores, though the lion’s share were at retrofits in which third party EMSes or thermostats were replaced, the press release says.
The release says that the EMS will use advanced cloud-based approaches to build upon previous carbon emissions initiatives, which include solar panels at dozens of retail stores and four distribution centers. The cloud-based system controls HVAC, indoor lighting, store signage, indoor and outdoor temperature sensors and refrigeration units, the release said. The system monitors energy output and performance on solar panels.
In October, Navigant Research released a study that predicted that the industrial energy management systems sector will grow from $13.5 billion to $35.6 billion between 2015 and 2024.
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards