ALDI Grocery Chain Deploys Siemens’ EMS
Grocery retailer ALDI has deployed Siemens’ Site Controls Energy Management System to almost 1,500 retail locations. Some of the installations were at newly constructed stores, though the lion’s share were at retrofits in which third party EMSes or thermostats were replaced, the press release says.
The release says that the EMS will use advanced cloud-based approaches to build upon previous carbon emissions initiatives, which include solar panels at dozens of retail stores and four distribution centers. The cloud-based system controls HVAC, indoor lighting, store signage, indoor and outdoor temperature sensors and refrigeration units, the release said. The system monitors energy output and performance on solar panels.
In October, Navigant Research released a study that predicted that the industrial energy management systems sector will grow from $13.5 billion to $35.6 billion between 2015 and 2024.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy