All-Sized Businesses Call GE With Emergency Power Needs After Sandy
Last week, GE implemented an Emergency Response Program to help utility, industrial and commercial customers impacted by Hurricane Sandy to restore and maintain power. The Emergency Response Program is providing customers with access to 24/7 phone and on-site service support, hotline product ordering and expedited equipment delivery of GE’s power products, including distribution transformers, critical power components and software analytics.
“On the Industrial Solutions side of the business, we have received numerous requests from major refineries to a YMCA,” said a GE spokesperson. “We’ve doubled resources at our repair shop to keep up with the demands. We’ve also outfitted several test and inspection vans that are mobilized to the impacted areas.”
Many businesses are still under water throughout New Jersey and New York and have been unable to assess their situations. GE’s Emergency Response websites provide resources and guidelines to help customers evaluate and handle water-damaged electrical equipment. Customers can contact a member of the Emergency Response Program for electrical distribution products and services; or to order transmission, distribution or critical power products and services.
GE also is providing monthly financing options to customers who need to retrofit or replace backup power equipment. And GE’s manufacturing facilities also have increased their production schedules to meet the demand for key electrical distribution equipment and components to expedite the delivery of electrical equipment to restore and maintain power.
In addition to the customer support, GE has donated $1.1 million to support relief and recovery: $1 million was given to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund and $100,000 dollars was given to the United Way of America.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future