Almost 7,500 UK Green Deal Assessments Made in March
This means that a total of 9,268 assessments have been made since the programs launches on Jan. 28, 2013 in England and Wales and on Feb. 25 in Scotland.
Under the deal, the owners or tenants of a business property or home request an energy efficiency assessment, an assessor then visits the house and makes suggestions as to if and, if so, where, energy efficiency improvements can be made to the home.
Green Deal Providers will discuss with the owner/occupier whether a Green Deal Plan is right for them and quote for the recommended improvements, including the savings estimates, savings period, first year installments and payment period for each improvement. A number of quotes can be obtained. Under the program there are 45 different types of energy efficiency improvements available to homes and businesses, and the improvements can be paid for over time via the owners’ electricity bills.
Some 48 firms are now authorised as providers, with a further 831 registered to carry out installations. Some 108 Green Deal Assessor Organisations and the 1,003 Green Deal Advisors they employ have been accredited, up from 77 and 618 at end February respectively, the DECC says.
Energy and climate minister Greg Barker described the results as “very encouraging.”
According to a survey by electrical supply company Rexel conducted in January, 96 percent of Brits had, at that time, never heard of the Green Deal. The survey also showed that 69 percent of respondents were interested in making energy efficiency improvements to their home but 74 percent of respondents wouldn’t know where to go for information if they wanted to find out more about the Green Deal.
According to the DECC, investing in energy efficiency could save the UK 196 TWh by 2020.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Combined Heat and Power
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management