Almost 7,500 UK Green Deal Assessments Made in March
This means that a total of 9,268 assessments have been made since the programs launches on Jan. 28, 2013 in England and Wales and on Feb. 25 in Scotland.
Under the deal, the owners or tenants of a business property or home request an energy efficiency assessment, an assessor then visits the house and makes suggestions as to if and, if so, where, energy efficiency improvements can be made to the home.
Green Deal Providers will discuss with the owner/occupier whether a Green Deal Plan is right for them and quote for the recommended improvements, including the savings estimates, savings period, first year installments and payment period for each improvement. A number of quotes can be obtained. Under the program there are 45 different types of energy efficiency improvements available to homes and businesses, and the improvements can be paid for over time via the owners’ electricity bills.
Some 48 firms are now authorised as providers, with a further 831 registered to carry out installations. Some 108 Green Deal Assessor Organisations and the 1,003 Green Deal Advisors they employ have been accredited, up from 77 and 618 at end February respectively, the DECC says.
Energy and climate minister Greg Barker described the results as “very encouraging.”
According to a survey by electrical supply company Rexel conducted in January, 96 percent of Brits had, at that time, never heard of the Green Deal. The survey also showed that 69 percent of respondents were interested in making energy efficiency improvements to their home but 74 percent of respondents wouldn’t know where to go for information if they wanted to find out more about the Green Deal.
According to the DECC, investing in energy efficiency could save the UK 196 TWh by 2020.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape