Alstom Supplying Con Edison with Demand Response System
Alstom’s system, based on its e-terraDRBizNet 3.0 technology, will allow Con Edison to use consumer loads to manage energy supply and demand, with incentives offered to electricity customers to reduce consumption during periods of peak distribution system demand – such as hot summer days, or to alleviate stress on the distribution system.
Alstom’s demand response management system integrates residential, commercial and industrial demand response programs. It can be used from small pilot deployments, such as handling new, initial automated demand response programs, to large industrial-grade demand response management needs, such as calling on a large complex portfolio of energy resources to address surging demand.
Global capacity for demand response will grow from 30.8 GW in 2014 to 196.7 GW in 2023, according to a study by Navigant Research released last week. Currently, almost all of the demand response activity is taking place in the United States. This leadership position will erode over the next 10 years, as all world regions continue or start the pilot phase of demand response and then build out full-scale markets or programs, the report says.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management