Ambit Energy Expands to Ohio
Dallas-based Ambit Energy, which claims to be “the world’s largest direct seller of energy” and a leading U.S. retail energy provider, announced on September 8 that the company expects to expand into Ohio by the fourth quarter of this year.
Ambit currently provides electricity and natural gas services in deregulated markets in 14 states and the District of Columbia, primarily using a direct sales channel of more than 350,000 independent consultants. To date, the company has enrolled more than 1.3 million customers nationwide.
Now, the company will service the AEP Ohio area, which includes an estimated 1.5 million potential customers. About 1.3 million of those ratepayers are residential. In addition, the company has 175,000 commercial customers and 10,000 industrial customers. Among its largest ratepayers are Republic Steel and The Ohio State University.
Enrollment for Ambit’s retail energy services will open in the fall, with availability expected to begin October 30.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- There’s Money in the Trash