Ameren Illinois to File for Electric Rate Decrease
Ameren Illinois announced on April 6 that its 1.2 million electric customers statewide will pay less for service delivery under a plan the utility will file with the Illinois Commerce Commission on or about April 15. The company is expected to request a decrease of about $14 million in delivery service rates for 2017.
It will be the fourth such rate decrease in the years since the state’s landmark Energy Infrastructure Modernization Act (EIMA) was passed in 2011, enabling Ameren Illinois to accelerate its efforts to harden and upgrade the grid. These reliability improvements are saving customers an estimated $47 million each year, according to the utlity.
In addition, Ameren Illinois’ 816,000 gas customers will begin saving on the supply portion of their utility bill beginning this month. A nearly four-cent drop in the per-therm cost of natural gas is expected to save most customers $28 annually, or $2.35 a month Indeed, the company said that its gas supply charges are at their lowest levels since February 2002.
“We made a long-term commitment to our customers to strengthen the power grid and deliver cost-saving enhancements and it’s working,” said Craig Nelson, senior vice president, Regulatory Affairs and Financial Services for Ameren Illinois. “When combined with expected lower electric supply costs, our customers will continue to see stable prices for an advanced energy delivery system.”
The Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) will have eight months to fully review and make a determination on Ameren Illinois’ rate reduction request. If approved, the new lower electric delivery service rates would go into effect beginning in January 2017.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection