Ameresco Acquires Energyexcel
Ameresco has acquired the energy consultancy and energy project management business of Energyexcel, an independent energy services provider located in Central London, United Kingdom. With this acquisition, Ameresco adds to its UK and commercial and industrial customer base, having purchased Energy Services Partnership in June 2013.
The two UK-based businesses provide energy efficiency, supply management and sustainability services. Together they broaden Ameresco’s international expertise and service offerings for multi-national customers and augment Ameresco’s team with UK-based energy industry professionals.
Energyexcel’s efficiency and project management services help commercial and industrial customers improve performance of existing energy systems, introduce new energy-efficient technologies and onsite generation, institute energy monitoring and targeting, reduce carbon emissions and track sustainability initiatives, comply with energy and climate change requirements and realize energy cost savings. Current Energyexcel customers include a large UK-based pharmaceutical company, four of the five largest supermarket chains in the UK and a multinational chocolate bar manufacturer.
Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Ameresco does not anticipate the acquisition will have a material effect on its 2014 results. The company expects to provide a further update on its third quarter earnings conference call.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management