Ameresco Canada Wins ESPC with Scarborough Hospital
The Scarborough Hospital (TSH) in Ontario, Canada, is implementing facility upgrades via an energy savings performance contract (ESPC) valued at $6.1 million with energy-management partner Ameresco Canada. The measures will be financed solely by energy cost savings generated by the retrofits.
Ameresco Canada already replaced the two existing chillers at the hospital’s General campus with two energy-efficient models that comply with the Ontario Ministry of the Environment (MOE) ban on chlorofluorocarbon refrigerants (CFC). The old chillers were decommissioned in late 2012, and the new ones brought on line in May 2013, in time for the summer season.
Other key planned improvements for TSH’s General campus include boiler plant upgrades to recover waste heat, better air-handling controls, installation of energy-efficient lighting and the reduction of campus water consumption levels. A study of the remaining energy and renewal measures has been completed, and with an estimated completion date of June 2015, the design/build process is underway.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement