Ameresco Canada Wins ESPC with Scarborough Hospital
The Scarborough Hospital (TSH) in Ontario, Canada, is implementing facility upgrades via an energy savings performance contract (ESPC) valued at $6.1 million with energy-management partner Ameresco Canada. The measures will be financed solely by energy cost savings generated by the retrofits.
Ameresco Canada already replaced the two existing chillers at the hospital’s General campus with two energy-efficient models that comply with the Ontario Ministry of the Environment (MOE) ban on chlorofluorocarbon refrigerants (CFC). The old chillers were decommissioned in late 2012, and the new ones brought on line in May 2013, in time for the summer season.
Other key planned improvements for TSH’s General campus include boiler plant upgrades to recover waste heat, better air-handling controls, installation of energy-efficient lighting and the reduction of campus water consumption levels. A study of the remaining energy and renewal measures has been completed, and with an estimated completion date of June 2015, the design/build process is underway.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management