Ameresco Installs Solar for 6 Schools in Arlington, Mass.
Six schools in Arlington, Massachusetts are having solar panels installed by Ameresco.
The Town of Arlington entered into a 20-year solar power purchase agreement (PPA) with Ameresco wherein the town will purchase electricity at a rate lower than it currently pays to the utility Eversource, resulting in annual utility budget savings. Rooftop-mounted solar panels are being installed at the six Arlington schools, and once the systems have been completed, they’re expected to generate 850,000 kWh in the first year of system operation.
The project is expected to be operational in the fall of 2015.
The project stems from a 2012 contract in which the Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) selected Ameresco as the regional Energy Services Company (ESCO) on behalf of 14 cities and towns in Greater Boston.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles