Ameresco, San Joaquin County Open 4.3 MW Biogas Plant
Ameresco completed a 4.3 MW landfill gas-to-energy project at the Foothill Landfill in Linden, Calif. Ameresco was hired by the County of San Joaquin to build the project at the landfill of San Joaquin County Department of Public Works.
Ameresco anticipates that the total electricity delivered for the Palo Alto community will be about 125,000 MWh annually. The county is using sheep to naturally trim the growing vegetation at the site.
Foothill Landfill began operations in 1965 and was acquired by San Joaquin County in 1993. The landfill is about 800 acres, with 674 acres permitted for disposal. Based on engineer’s estimates, the site will be actively used for disposal until 2082.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future