Ameresco Signs ESPC With Michigan County
Ameresco has begun work on a $1.6 million Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) with Alpena County in northeastern Michigan. Once completed at the end of the year, the project is projected to save the county more than $100,000 in annual energy and operational savings through numerous energy efficiency and infrastructure improvements throughout county-owned buildings and facilities.
Prior to beginning work on the ESPC, Ameresco performed a full investment grade audit to identify areas where energy savings measures could be implemented throughout the county’s buildings and facilities.
The wide-ranging ESPC will involve the implementation of several energy conservation measures in multiple facilities including the Northern Lights Arena, jail, courthouse (pictured), pool, county fairgrounds, airport, annex and Michigan Department of Correction offices.
The upgrades across county buildings will include new lighting, building envelope and weatherization improvements, water conservation measures, HVAC building automation expansions and mechanical improvements. Ameresco will also replace the old boiler and mechanical equipment at the county’s pool with a high efficiency boiler. In addition, Ameresco will install a low emissivity ceiling over the Northern Lights Arena’s ice surface that will reflect heat and save energy.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room