Ameresco Signs ESPC With Michigan County
Ameresco has begun work on a $1.6 million Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) with Alpena County in northeastern Michigan. Once completed at the end of the year, the project is projected to save the county more than $100,000 in annual energy and operational savings through numerous energy efficiency and infrastructure improvements throughout county-owned buildings and facilities.
Prior to beginning work on the ESPC, Ameresco performed a full investment grade audit to identify areas where energy savings measures could be implemented throughout the county’s buildings and facilities.
The wide-ranging ESPC will involve the implementation of several energy conservation measures in multiple facilities including the Northern Lights Arena, jail, courthouse (pictured), pool, county fairgrounds, airport, annex and Michigan Department of Correction offices.
The upgrades across county buildings will include new lighting, building envelope and weatherization improvements, water conservation measures, HVAC building automation expansions and mechanical improvements. Ameresco will also replace the old boiler and mechanical equipment at the county’s pool with a high efficiency boiler. In addition, Ameresco will install a low emissivity ceiling over the Northern Lights Arena’s ice surface that will reflect heat and save energy.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing