Ameresco Signs ESPC With Michigan County
Ameresco has begun work on a $1.6 million Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) with Alpena County in northeastern Michigan. Once completed at the end of the year, the project is projected to save the county more than $100,000 in annual energy and operational savings through numerous energy efficiency and infrastructure improvements throughout county-owned buildings and facilities.
Prior to beginning work on the ESPC, Ameresco performed a full investment grade audit to identify areas where energy savings measures could be implemented throughout the county’s buildings and facilities.
The wide-ranging ESPC will involve the implementation of several energy conservation measures in multiple facilities including the Northern Lights Arena, jail, courthouse (pictured), pool, county fairgrounds, airport, annex and Michigan Department of Correction offices.
The upgrades across county buildings will include new lighting, building envelope and weatherization improvements, water conservation measures, HVAC building automation expansions and mechanical improvements. Ameresco will also replace the old boiler and mechanical equipment at the county’s pool with a high efficiency boiler. In addition, Ameresco will install a low emissivity ceiling over the Northern Lights Arena’s ice surface that will reflect heat and save energy.
As the requests for sustainability data increase, the sustainability reporting chain becomes more complex. Understanding how to streamline your reporting chain is essential for keeping pace with these demands. The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain White Paper explores how to help simplify this increasingly complex process and optimize your reporting. Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management