Ameresco Signs ESPC With Michigan County
Ameresco has begun work on a $1.6 million Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) with Alpena County in northeastern Michigan. Once completed at the end of the year, the project is projected to save the county more than $100,000 in annual energy and operational savings through numerous energy efficiency and infrastructure improvements throughout county-owned buildings and facilities.
Prior to beginning work on the ESPC, Ameresco performed a full investment grade audit to identify areas where energy savings measures could be implemented throughout the county’s buildings and facilities.
The wide-ranging ESPC will involve the implementation of several energy conservation measures in multiple facilities including the Northern Lights Arena, jail, courthouse (pictured), pool, county fairgrounds, airport, annex and Michigan Department of Correction offices.
The upgrades across county buildings will include new lighting, building envelope and weatherization improvements, water conservation measures, HVAC building automation expansions and mechanical improvements. Ameresco will also replace the old boiler and mechanical equipment at the county’s pool with a high efficiency boiler. In addition, Ameresco will install a low emissivity ceiling over the Northern Lights Arena’s ice surface that will reflect heat and save energy.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement