Ameresco Wins Contracts in Massachusetts, Washington
The Town of Framingham, Mass., has signed an agreement with Framingham-headquartered Ameresco to audit and assess all town-owned facilities to discover all potential opportunities for energy and water conservation and cost savings, as well as renewable energy generation.
Framingham will work with Ameresco to choose specific projects from the list of energy efficiency and renewable measures. The town will then enter into an energy savings performance contract with Ameresco for these selected projects.
The Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) announced the selection of Ameresco last year as the regional Energy Services Company (ESCO) on behalf of 14 cities and towns in Greater Boston, including Framingham. The other municipalities that participated in MAPC’s regional ESCO procurement are Ashland, Arlington, Chelsea, Everett, Gloucester, Norwell, Rockport, Sharon, Sherborn, Sudbury, Topsfield and Wayland.
In other company news, Ameresco Quantum has begun work on a $3.9 million energy savings performance contract (ESPC) for the Battle Ground School District in Clark County, Wash. The cost to the school district will be reduced by a $1 million energy savings grant from the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction and an estimated $322,000 in rebates from the Clark County Public Utility District.
This group of energy efficiency infrastructure upgrades follows two energy conservation projects completed by Ameresco Quantum for the District in 2010 and 2011 that focused on major plumbing and lighting upgrades.
Over the course of the contract, Ameresco Quantum will manage the design and installation of new mechanical systems, as well as upgrades and replacements to the district’s energy management systems and other equipment.
The $1 million state energy efficiency grant that Ameresco Quantum helped secure for this project is one of more than 78 such grants valued at nearly $35 million that Washington state has awarded to projects developed by Ameresco Quantum since 2009.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide