Ammonia Chiller 20% More Energy Efficient
Industrial refrigeration manufacturer Azane has launched its energy efficient, packaged ammonia chiller, Azanechiller, in the United States.
As HCFC-22 (also known as R-22) is being phased out as a refrigerant, Azane says its Azanechiller overcomes environmental concerns because ammonia is a natural refrigerant with non-ozone depleting credentials and will not be affected by the HFC refrigerant phase down.
In addition, the company says recent studies carried out in installations across Europe showed that low charge ammonia is an average of 20 percent more energy efficient than HFCs.
The Azanechiller is used to cool a secondary fluid circuit, such as water or glycol, and can be used in temperature controlled storage, dairies, breweries, wineries and other industrial food processing refrigeration applications.
The Azane product range has an air cooled condenser, which eliminates the need for water and has been shown to provide comparable energy efficiency to evaporative condenser technology on an annual basis.
Manufactured in Pennsylvania and supplied nationwide, the Azanechiller fully adheres to US legislation.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds