Andalay Solar Partners with Highpower
Andalay Solar is collaborating with Highpower International, a developer and manufacturer of lithium and nickel-metal hydride rechargeable batteries, to launch a pilot project that will provide technologically advanced energy storage systems for Andalay Solar customers and enhance system performance while keeping the cost affordable and viable.
The energy system is designed to help customers avoid and reduce utility grid fees by going off-grid or employing a hybrid system. Highpower’s energy storage system has six 2.4 KWh lithium-ion battery modules and an expandable output inverter. For the hybrid system, when combined with Andalay’s integrated solar system, energy will be generated both by the solar system as well as by the utility grid network. With both energy inputs, the energy output to the home is expected to provide enough power to sustain household and electronic appliances and all power outlets.
Solar systems with built-in storage are helping to support energy independence in remote and war-torn regions. Hamburg, Germany-based energy supplier Care-Energy recently established a branch in the Middle East to provide its CareCel photovoltaic with built-in storage and infrastructure facilities. Ecosphere Technologies’ Ecos PowerCube is a portable, self-contained micro-utility that uses solar power to provide electricity in remote, off-grid locations.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals