Arby’s Reduces Energy Intensity 7.6%
Arby’s Restaurant Group announced energy reduction savings as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility strategy.
Arby’s says it achieved a 7.6 percent reduction in energy use intensity as a result of a variety of energy initiatives implemented in 2013 as part of its Efficiency Matters program. Efficiency Matters is a cost-saving energy management platform developed to help improve efficiencies in restaurants and reduce energy consumption and associated environmental and community impacts.
In 2013-2014, Arby’s focused on eight key energy initiatives, including:
- Implemented a new on/off schedule
- Adjusted hot water heater controls
- Installed aerators on hand sinks
- Installed low-flow spray valves in sanitizing sinks
- Converted evaporators of walk-in boxes (WIBs) to electronically commutated motors
- Installed strip curtains in the same WIBs
- Converted outdoor HID lights to LED lights
- Introduced a new asset management system – Powerhouse Dynamic’s SiteSage.
Ecova helped Arby with its Efficiency Matters program by:
- Meeting with cross-functional teams from Arby’s and analyzing their utility bill data to identify barriers and opportunities.
- Implementing a variety of behavior-based changes.
- Creating a culture that drives continual improvement in energy performance.
- Conducting energy and water audits to identify clear low-cost as well as capital-based opportunities for improvement – with a collective payback of less than two years.
Arby’s has set a goal of achieving a 15 percent energy use intensity reduction by 2015 in company-owned restaurants (based on a 2011 baseline).
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?