Arby’s Reduces Energy Intensity 7.6%
Arby’s Restaurant Group announced energy reduction savings as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility strategy.
Arby’s says it achieved a 7.6 percent reduction in energy use intensity as a result of a variety of energy initiatives implemented in 2013 as part of its Efficiency Matters program. Efficiency Matters is a cost-saving energy management platform developed to help improve efficiencies in restaurants and reduce energy consumption and associated environmental and community impacts.
In 2013-2014, Arby’s focused on eight key energy initiatives, including:
- Implemented a new on/off schedule
- Adjusted hot water heater controls
- Installed aerators on hand sinks
- Installed low-flow spray valves in sanitizing sinks
- Converted evaporators of walk-in boxes (WIBs) to electronically commutated motors
- Installed strip curtains in the same WIBs
- Converted outdoor HID lights to LED lights
- Introduced a new asset management system – Powerhouse Dynamic’s SiteSage.
Ecova helped Arby with its Efficiency Matters program by:
- Meeting with cross-functional teams from Arby’s and analyzing their utility bill data to identify barriers and opportunities.
- Implementing a variety of behavior-based changes.
- Creating a culture that drives continual improvement in energy performance.
- Conducting energy and water audits to identify clear low-cost as well as capital-based opportunities for improvement – with a collective payback of less than two years.
Arby’s has set a goal of achieving a 15 percent energy use intensity reduction by 2015 in company-owned restaurants (based on a 2011 baseline).
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management